Welcome to Ayres Law Group
Specialists in Air Pollution Law & Policy
The Ayres Law Group is a national environmental law firm located in Washington, D.C. Founded in 2001 by one of the nation’s premier air quality attorneys, Ayres Law Group (ALG) specializes in advising and representing clients in all aspects of air pollution, climate change, and energy law across the full spectrum of policy, regulation, and litigation. We represent a range of clients — multi-national corporations, state and local governments, trade associations, individuals, and non-profit organizations — in highly consequential matters involving cutting-edge air pollution issues.
We solve our clients’ problems with customized strategies. Our air practice is dynamic and often involves with energy and climate change matters. We offer an extensive suite of services to our clients, including experience affecting policy outcomes at both the national and international level. We have demonstrated success working with clean tech startups, major corporations, state and local governments, and environmental organizations to craft policy, navigate the regulatory system, or pursue litigation to achieve our clients’ business and environmental objectives.
Environmental law expertise
The Ayres Law Group has extensive experience with appellate litigation, the federal environmental regulatory process, and the legislative process on Capitol Hill.
Representative work includes:
- Representing parties in major Clean Air Act litigation before the federal trial and appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court
- Representing clients before the EPA and other federal and state agencies on regulatory, permitting, compliance, and enforcement matters
- Counseling clients on the implications of the Clean Air Act and proposed climate legislation for major energy and other investment decisions
- Helping clients develop regulatory and legislative policy proposals and strategies
- Assisting in designing strategic regulatory campaigns and compliance programs
- Structuring emission trading transactions
- Providing organizational, policy development, and legal assistance to trade associations
- Providing sophisticated, creative policy mediation and dispute resolution services